Oct 18, 2012

Less is More

We hear the phrase "less is more" in a variety of different contexts. When I was growing up, my mom taught me a minimalist approach to jewelry - always take one piece off before leaving the house. Despite that, I was initially lured in by trendy statement necklaces and chunky bracelets. At some point I realized that I wasn't quite pulling off the now overused "arm candy" phrase to the extent I hoped...and I reverted back to my old habits.

For the last few years, my wrist staples have been the Burberry watch I received as a graduation gift and two simple silver bracelets. Anything extra feels like overkill - which is why I'm loving the recent trend of delicate and simple jewelry designs. I don't feel like I've added 3 pounds to my body weight with these pieces, yet they still add simple elegance to an outfit. Here are a few of my favorite pieces, enjoy and happy Thursday!



No comments:

Post a Comment