Aug 27, 2012

Essie Fall 2012

Happy Monday! I've shelved my usual "case of the Mondays" considering this is a short work week and I'm so excited to go home to Indy for the first time in several months. The impending Labor Day weekend means a few things to me. One, a short work week. Two, the final rendezvous for my obsession with summery white dresses/shorts/jeans (yes, I still adhere to that archaic rule of thumb). Last, it means that my favorite season of the year has almost arrived. Riding boots, cable knits, scarves and dark nails are just a few factors behind my infatuation with this season.

No surprise here, but I'm already obsessing over Essie's fall color collection. It may be August, but as soon as I saw these babies lined up at my nail salon, it might as well be October. I zoned in immediately on Stylenomics, described as a "wealthy, rich and opulent dark green"...hello, I'm sold. I distinctly remember my frenzied search for the perfect dark green shade last winter, which I finally found in Illamasqua's Rampage. But being the brand loyalist that I am, I was still impatient for Essie to release it's version of the dark green hue...until now.

I'm absolutely in love with the color on my nails, and can't wait to try out the other equally-gorgeous shades in the collection. My next contender is the muted neutral Miss Fancy Pants - who wouldn't want to paint their nails "a refined, chic greige" for fall?

[ entire collection here ]

No comments:

Post a Comment