Sep 5, 2012

Labor Day Travels

Happy Wednesday! This week is already off to a good start with Monday behind us and the shortened week that lies ahead.

I spent the long weekend at home in Indianapolis with my family; surprisingly my first visit home since Memorial Day. In retrospect, it seems the majority of my weekend was spent driving to, waiting on and consuming food...not that I'm complaining. I visited two of my local favorites, Cafe Patachou and Yats - absolutely delicious. I'm a sucker for Cafe Patachou's fresh ingredients and homemade bread, and you can't beat a full meal (with drink!) at Yats for under eight bucks.

After living in Chicago for two years, it was nice to spend time relaxing at home, away from the city. I'd quickly forgotten the ease of traveling somewhere without checking the L's arrival times, or falling asleep in a silent house devoid of city commotion. Chicago is where I live, work and enjoy life as a 20-something, but small town Indiana will always be home for me. :-)

[ Top: Cafe Patachou's broken egg sandwich // Bottom: Family dinner at Benihana ]

No comments:

Post a Comment